THE CHOA HOMEPAGE ON THE MANAGEMENT COMPANY'S WEBSITE IS:
- 07/19/22: Our annual meeting was held in the Chili Community Center, 3237 Chili Avenue. The current board members are Iggy Vaccaro, Bill Schmirl, and Mike Mariani
- 01/12/22: REMINDER; Ice staking on the pond is prohibited due to liability issues. This includes the retention pond to the east of the main pond near 490. Cleanup and trimming of weeds around the pond is ongoing to keep the pond from getting choked by too much vegetation.
- The annual Chestnut garage sale will be Saturday, June 19 from 8:00 am to 4:00 p
- The following is a copy of the letter sent out to all CHOA residents on Tuesday, January 26, 2021:
January 26, 2021
Dear Chestnut Residents,
The Board of Directors has been evaluating the possibility of hiring a management company to
facilitate administrative functions and planning. This option was discussed at the annual Chestnut
Homeowner’s Association annual meeting held on July 27, 2020 and published in this year’s
annual meeting minutes. This topic was also discussed and noted in the 2019 annual meeting
Among the duties that would be done by the company are mailing letters, billing, receiving payments
to include on-line payment options, answering homeowner questions, working with vendors,
and assisting with enforcement of CHOA bylaws. Using an outside company to assist in
managing the association was recommended by our legal counsel, based on the size and complexity
of our community.
The board of directors has conducted interviews with prospective property management companies
and decided to engage the services of Kenrick Corporation. We expect to implement this
change effective April 1, 2021.
As always, we want our homeowners to be notified and aware of any major changes to the
management of CHOA.
Board of Directors, Chestnut Homeowners Association
- 10/15/20: As of October 1 2020, the new board members are: Iggy Vaccaro, Bill Sturgis, Mike Mariani
- 9/16/20: Evergreen will be applying the Fall weed & feed application to the Chestnut common areas on Monday September 21st. The rain date is Tuesday September 22nd. It is recommended to keep pets off the common areas for 24 hours.
- 8/12/20: Seal coating of the walkways located in the common area is scheduled to start on Friday August 14. Please be mindful as you walk along our neighborhood walking paths this weekend
- 8/3/2020: An updated version of the bylaws is posted to the Reference Documents page, labeled "bylaws_master2020_8update.pdf". This version contains an amendment changing the side lot requirement for a pool from 30 feet to 20 feet. The 20 foot requirement from the back lot line remains in effect.
- 8/3/2020: Video files for the CHOA Homeowner's meeting from July 27, 2020 are posted to this website in Reference Documents page. Due to Zoom limitations, the meeting is in 3 parts labeled Zoom 1, 2, and 3. The file sizes have been reduced from the original in order to upload them to this website.
- 7/24/20: REMINDER: Our annual meeting is scheduled for 7:00pm on Monday July 27. Due to Covid-19, this will be a Zoom meeting conducted online. Instructions on how to attend are outlined at the top of the newsletter that was sent out on July 6th.
- 7/12/2020 MESSAGE FROM THE CHOA BOARD:
- The down-pouring of rain Saturday caused a significant turnover in the pond. As such, a number of dead fish were brought to the surface. The NYS DEC was called and responded promptly.The DEC officer believes the fish were dead for several days/weeks due to the extreme heat and dry weather we have been having, reducing oxygen in the pond. The officer believes any odor will be gone within 10-14 days and that nature will take care of any remnants fairly quickly.The DEC officer also stated that, overall the pond was healthy and that he saw no evidence of abnormal run-off into the ponds from our lawns, roads and common area.As stated in the Annual Newsletter (just mailed) we were already planning on installing new equipment in the pond to reduce surface debris and improve water circulation.We will be working with the DEC to determine appropriate restocking plans as well as acquire grass carp to assist with weed control. Thank you for your understanding. The CHOA Board
- 1/15/20: We are updating our website information by changing our provider. This will effective by 1/16/20. You will notice a different look with different content. If you have any any feedback for us, please email by clicking on the email link at the top of this web page.
- 11/1/2019: Homeowners association dues of $265.00 need to be received by the end of the year
- As of October 2019, the new board members are Bob Dunning,Bill Sturgis, Iggy Vaccaro
- 5/20/2020: A copy of the bylaws are located on the "Contact Us" page on this website.
- 7/3/2020: Annual meeting scheduled for July 27th at 7;00pm.